Prerequisites for an over-indebtedness file
To file an over-indebtedness file with the Commission, certain conditions must be met:
- Have debts that are not of professional origin.
- To be French or foreign domiciled in France.
- Or be French living abroad but unable to repay debts from creditors who are established in France.
The steps to make an over-indebtedness file
To obtain the file, one must go to the branch of the Banque de France of his department. It is also possible to request the file by mail or download it on the Banque de France website. The file includes a notice and all the documents to be attached.
In case of difficulty to fill the file, it is possible to be helped by the agents of the Communal Center of Social Action (CCAS) of his commune.
Once the file is completed, it must be sent by registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt to the nearest Commission. It is also possible to deposit it directly in the secretariat of the Commission . The registration of the file has the immediate consequence of registering the applicant to the FICP (Personal Credit Credits Incentive File).
But before filing the file, it must be completed and attach all necessary paperwork.
Overindebtedness file: the requested papers
- Photocopy of the ID (CNI, passport, etc.)
- The principal residence address
- Proof of the personal and family situation (family record, judgment, divorce, etc.)
- Statements of all the resources (bank statements, last payslips, statements of allowances, proof of retirement)
- Statements of all assets (savings products, real estate, etc.)
- Proof of charges and taxes (latest rent receipts, tax or non-taxation notices)
- Statements of all outstanding debts (credits, invoices, etc.)
- Creditor contact information
- A signed letter exposing the situation of over-indebtedness
- Possibly the name of the social worker asked to complete the file