PLANO, Texas – As restaurant traffic faces tough times, Lay’s Potato Chips is improving its flavor play by recreating the taste of five iconic restaurant dishes as crisps.
Starting July 27, Lay’s launched its new flavor icons at retailers nationwide. The company developed the new chips to mimic restaurant dishes across the country. These include, available while stocks last:
- Lay’s Kettle Cooked New York Style Pizza, inspired by Grimaldi’s pizzeria in New York City (8 ounce bag $ 3.49; 2.5 ounce bag $ 1.89).
- Lay’s Nashville Hot Chicken, inspired by Party Fowl in Nashville, Tenn. (7.75 ounce bag $ 3.79; 2.625 ounce bag $ 1.89).
- Lay’s Philly Cheesesteak, inspired by Geno’s Steaks in Philadelphia (7.75 ounce bag $ 3.79; 2.625 ounce bag $ 1.89).
- Lay’s Wavy Carnitas Street Taco, inspired by El Torito in Los Angeles (7.5 ounce bag $ 3.79; 2.625 ounce bag $ 1.89).
- Lay’s Chile Relleno, inspired by Cocina Azul in Albuquerque, NM (7.75 ounce bag $ 3.79; 2.625 ounce bag $ 1.89).
“These restaurants and their iconic dishes have brought so many smiles to the faces of Americans over the years, and whether that flavor takes you to your favorite neighborhood or a faraway travel destination, Lay’s is proud to accompany you on this journey. been when we all yearn for a little more adventure, ”said Sadira Furlow, vice president of marketing for Frito-Lay.
As part of the launch of these time-limited chips and to recognize the economic impact of COVID-19, Lay’s has set up a $ 25,000 gratitude fund for each restaurant as a thank you for their inspiration in the kitchen and the continued support of their local communities.
“And the restaurants themselves are so ingrained in their communities that when you order pizza or street tacos, they really serve you a side of hope and joy,” Furlow said. “The Lay’s Gratitude Fund is our simple thank you to the owners and workers of these restaurants for their resilience and agility in navigating this uncharted territory.”
Consumers can also benefit. When purchasing specially marked bags of Lay’s crisps, they are encouraged to visit www.LaysFlavorIcons.com and enter the code for any bag marked up until September 10 for a chance to win $ 1,000.
Lay’s is one of the brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $ 17 billion convenience food division of PepsiCo Inc., Purchase, NY
Want the latest news at your fingertips?
Get the convenience industry intelligence you need today. Sign up to receive SMS from CSP on news and information important to your brand.