But can fast-casual for kids be healthy andamusing?
An inspiring entrepreneur who thinks the answer is a definite YES, is Shannon ‘Peacasso’ Seip, co-founder and co-CEO of Bean sprouts, A chain of fast, casual cafes and restaurants offering healthy and fun food for kids and their parents, who will share their story and tips for making “Imaginibbles” at FoodNavigator-USA FOOD FOR KIDS SummitNovember 18-20.
Seip – who leads menu development, store design, and merchandise at Bean Sprouts – is co-author of the Bean Sprouts Kitchen cookbook and several humorous parenting books.
“Kids’ menus at restaurants and family destinations are dominated by junk food or healthy menus that kids just don’t like. All of this can lead to unhappy meal times for children and their parents ”,Said Seip, who will be speaking on Day 3 (November 20) of our summit.
In his presentation, Seip will explain “why the family catering market is ripe for disruption and how to get there.”She will also:
- Share the knowledge gained on the path from business creation to success
- Discuss food concepts focused on children and how to make ‘health’ attractive
- Urge delegates to “present the impossible and let creativity be your guide”
- Explain how she ImaginableThe menu breaks all the industry’s food development rules
- Urge us to ‘think like a child’ and create a signature dining experience that excites children and reassures adults
- Explain how to create options and discuss the importance of managing allergies and special diets
CHILDREN’S FOOD: What do you feed yours?
We have an incredible range of speakersAt this year’s FoodNavigator-USA FOOD FOR KIDS Summit, New brands such as Freeli Foods, Brainiac Kids, Yumble and Serenity Kids; to established players, from Chobani and Kraft Heinz to Ocean Spray and Mondelēz.
Based on feedback from last year’s event, we’ve also included sessions on the children’s palate, the science of epigenetics, and the challenges of testing products with children.
Held at the W Hotel in Chicago November 18-20 CHILDREN’S FOOD 2019will include:
- CHILDREN AND THE PLANT-TREND BASED:How do parents incorporate plant-based alternatives into their children’s diets? And what are the nutritional implications? With Michele DeKinder-Smith at Linkage Research.
- CONSUMER PANEL:We’ll open with a panel of local parents, who delegates can interview about everything from the power of plagues to drink choices for kids, favorite retailers and restaurants to what they look for on food labels. .
- TRAIL BLAZERS:Three emerging brands that have developed new innovative products or business models in the children’s food space will present their innovations live on stage in front of our panel of experts including Lauren Jupiter at Accelfoods, Matthew Sade at Freeli Foods and Barb Stuckey from Mattson.
- YOU ARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER HAS EATEN:Explore the science of epigenetics with Dr. Robert Murray of Ohio State University.
- ARE WE MAKING PROGRESS ON CHILD OBESITY? The latest statistics and information from the CDC.
- BUTTER OR MIAM:Product testing with children with Keren Novack from Curion Insights and Emily Kimmins from Kraft Heinz.
- CAN YOU TRAIN YOUR KIDS TO LOVE BROCCOLI?How are children’s taste preferences developed? With Dr Catherine Forestell from William & Mary.
- CASE STUDIES:From Gimmies (Chopani) to Freeli Foods, Mondelez SnackFutures and Brainiac Kids, learn about companies that create food brands dedicated to children.
- THE SIZE OF THE PRICEHear from SPINS and Euromonitor about market opportunities for children’s food and drink.
- FORMULATION FOR CHILDREN: From sweetness to texture to flavor, what do kids love? With delicious scoops, Peekaboo ice cream and KidFresh.
- DRINKS FOR CHILDREN IN PRINCIPLE: What do children drink? With Ocean Spray, Rethink Brands Euromonitor, and more.
- THE FUTURE OF BABY FEEDING:Is the future fresh? And should babies eat more meat? With Serenity Kids, Fresh Bellies, Lil Gourmets and Raised Real.
- CLEAN LABEL IN POINT OF VIEW: Beyond the list of ingredients with the Clean Label Project.
- QUICK CASUAL FOR CHILDREN: Can fast casual for kids be healthy and fun? Find out how the Bean Sprouts Café found the right place.
Find out more and register HERE.
Discover the latest speakers HERE.
Find out more HERE About the event, which is sponsored by DSM, Bénéo, Cargill, Curion, The American Egg Board, IFF Santé (Frutarom), The Little Gourmets, Sweegenand The best brands.