When you think of comfort foods or foods, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? If ever there was a question that has absolutely no wrong answer, it’s the comfort food question.
Why? Because any food that you get a little comfort food and a whole lot of extra joy from eating is definitely considered comfort food, regardless of that food.
Unless I think it’s weird.
First, let’s take a look at America’s favorite comfort foods
A simple quick Google search tells me that we have no shortage of foods that fall under the comfort food category. I visited several sites with lists of comfort foods, and these kept showing up:
- Chicken and waffles
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- macaroni and cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup
- Chips and queso
- Fried chicken
- homemade bread
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
There are tons more I could list, but you get the idea.
The final entry on the comfort food list above is the very first menu entry at the Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli in West Allis, Wisconsin.
The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli is absolutely dedicated to serving up what they call America’s Favorite Sandwich:
Located in the Six Points neighborhood of West Allis, PBJ Deli specializes in classic and gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, as well as other specialty treats that include our peanut butter and jelly combinations !
The menu, although focused on PB&J, offers a wide variety of ways to enjoy this PB&J
After arriving on The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli’s website, I headed straight for the menu to see how quirky and/or creative they are with their food. I was not disappointed to find things like:
- The king (as in Elvis): A toasted sandwich with a layer of our all natural or honey roasted peanut butter combined with sliced bananas and honey. Do yourself a favor and try it with bacon.
- Grilled Cheese and Jelly: Your choice of American or sharp cheddar cheese and one of our homemade jams or jellies, all melted between your choice of bread.
- Crunch & Punch: PBJD’s crunchy peanut butter paired with a zesty layer of raspberry jam and jalapeno.
- Quesadilla PBJ: A flour tortilla wrapped with your choice of peanut butter, jams and fresh fruit. Grilled to perfection.